Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Barbara Vey's luncheon.

Last week was one of my busiest ever!!

Things started in Milwaukee at Barbara Vey's 1st readers luncheon. I was there Monday night for her library event, and then for the Tuesday luncheon.  I especially thank the lovely, hardworking WisRWA ladies who greeted everyone when they entered. 
I shared a table with another YA author, Erica O'Rourke. She and I presented the young people at our table with copies of our books. Doesn't this look like the happiest table around, including the parent who came to sub for her sick child and Leah Hultenschmidt, SourceBooks YA editor, who came to join us. I also managed to find a new beta reader for my next book, Being God. He and his mother both intend to give the story a try.

My publisher was the only one who did not get my book to Barnes and Noble in time for the sale. This is the third time in the last year I've gone to an event and 'look Ma, no books.' The rep was sympathetic and handed me a stack of bookplates that I could use for people who ordered the book - and yes, two people still did.  I don't understand why Everbind can't get the book into booksellers' hands. I'm being driven to distraction when they say the book isn't selling - maybe it would sell better if it was out there? (hint, hint)

I came back to Chicago Tuesday  night, just in time to get a little sleep and re-pack for my next venture - Romance Slam Jam in Little Rock Arkansas.
More about that next time.

FYI -  I've put a host of pictures on facebook

1 comment:

Mia Celeste said...

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed seeing you at Barbara Vey's luncheon.