Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Damaged Goods

Damaged Goods is my very first novel, and one I never thought anyone but I would care about. With an inter-racial romance between a hooker for a heroine and a man who thinks he's a murderer, as well as a female sociopath killer, well - who but me would ever care about that? Then I took a deep breath and entered it in a few contests.

Low and behold, many judges liked it. It finalled in three contests, and one judge suggested I enter it in the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart contest. I laughed at first, then decided, what the hell.

So today, March 25, I get the phone call, Damaged Goods is a finalist. Means I'll be in the ceremony in Nashville in July, have to get head-shots done, and a gown, the whole shebang.

I'm amazed, and stunned.

No comments: