Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

SummerBash

I'm supposed to be a grownup. Fact is, I've spent more of my life in the so-called adult stage than in any other. In fact, I am rapidly approaching what some people - myself not included - would call my seniority.

But deep down inside me, the kid still lives.

Maybe that's why I had luck writing a YA novel. I want that kid back. Writing PULL gave me the excuse to spend my days deeply immersed as a kid again. No matter what gender, that's the most passionate time of our lives. I loved revisiting the agony and the ecstasy.

So, this Saturday, June 12, I will be crowded between God only knows how many teens and twenty-somethings, at an outdoor concert designed for people less than half my age. (more likely for people close to a third my age) I admit I'll be in disguise. I'm borrowing a friend's daughter to give me an outward excuse for being there. And yes, I will have earplugs, and will spend far more time in my seat than most of the people around me. At least until Ludacris comes on stage. And Taio Cruz. And T-Pain. And Jason Derulo. And...

Okay, maybe i will spend more time on my feet than I should at my time in life. It's the problem with being in my second childhood. Or, as I sometimes suspect, never getting out of my first.

2 comments:

Marilyn Brant said...

Hope you'll have fun at the concert (I love going to see live music ;) but, most of all, I just saw your book cover--CONGRATS!!!! It's fabulous!

Gillian Layne said...

That sounds like so much fun! And I second the Congrats--your cover rocks!