Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Book Review - Cloaked

CloakedCloaked by Alex Flinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I met Alex Flynn at a conference last year and read one of her books (I won't say which one because I was seriously unimpressed by it) I just finished Cloaked. This one was an awesome page turner, I was immediately sucked into John the shoe repair guy's world. The mising father, the magic, the real life media-frenzy princess and the girl next door (okay the girl working in the coffee shop across the corridor from the shoe shop), it all flowed together into a really great story. Once I actually began to believe the princess wasn't insane and that her brother really had been turned into a frog - and John and I both had the same feeling when we first heard the story, I remained sucked into all the magic, the witches, the brownies, the magic cloak from the title, and everything else. Yes, I saw some twists coming, but the magic is in the journey, the destination doesn't have to be a secret.

I also loved remembering the fairy tales this story is based on, and the way the author skillfully intermingled the stories.

View all my reviews

No comments: