Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Good News

I've just been told that my novel, Damaged Goods, is a finalist in the Mainstream Category of the 2009 Golden Gateway Competition. Too bad you can't see my trying to float on air right now. Especially since in my heart of hearts I didn't really think a story about a prostitute and a would-be murderer really had a chance in - well, in hades. Right now I'm doing some last minute touch-ups, the judges thought it needed more body language and setting, before the story goes in front of the final judges.

And it get's better. My YA novel, Pull My String, finalled in the Reveal Your Inner Vixen contest. That involved a high sexual tension scene from the middle of the story as David discovers the depth of his feelings for Yolanda, the girl who belongs to the school's chief bad-ass.

Be still my beating heart.

No comments: