Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Book Review - Inside Out

Inside Out (Inside Out, #1)Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This starts out well and catapults us into a totally different world. I loved the clash of cultures and slowly unfolding what and where we really were. Most of all I loved tha characters. And that's where the problem came. Because the author kills off one of my favorite characters. I won't say who, how or where in the book it happens, I don't want to spoil things. Other readers may not feel the same way. I just wish there had been a reason this character had to die, maybe then I could have accepted it. The deathe was sudden, and, to this reader's mind, unnecessary to the plot or character development. So I was stunned and hurt instead of intrigued.

The story ends on a cliffhanger, I do wonder what will happen next. But the final ending is so far in the future, and I'm still reeling from the loss of someone I had begun to think of as a friend, that I feel no desire to look at the sequel.


View all my reviews

No comments: