Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

High Schoolers don't get all the fun

On Friday I spent a day with members of the Service Over Self (S.O.S) students from John Hersey High School.  This group of students reaches out to  members of the community. I participated in the Senior Olympics with some of them last year for a day of inter-generational fun that included games like pool, Wii bowling, and Jenga. As the school year draws to an end  the school held a morning gala featuring many of the organizations the students worked with over the year. This year the event theme was Vegas, and featured entertainment from their gymnastics team, music from the school's award-winning Jazz band, and Vegas-style games of chance. 
Me and two SOS students
This is my third year of involvement, and I continue to look forward to spending time with the students as they spend time helping their community.

Best of all, it's all research for the next book.  Writing YA keeps me young.

No comments: