Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Overblessed

It is possible to have too much of a good thing, including books.  Earlier this month I returned from the American Library Association Midwinter conference in San Diego with boxes of books. I now have books on the sofa and in the kitchen, more books than I could read in a year while I still struggle to find time to write the sequel to PULL. Just as I congratulated myself on having no problem finding a book to review every week this year, another package of books arrived.  Six books that I have to read in as many weeks as part of a commitment I made last year to judge in the 2011 RWA RITA® contest.

The, yesterday came the coup de grace. I attended the ALA Booklist & Book Links Editor's Review event sponsored by the The Center for Teaching through Children's Books.  Twenty-five lucky attendees had yellow stars under their chairs. Wouldn't you know it, I found star #24 which entitled me to ... drumroll please - another ARC.  I now have an autographed copy of Rotters by Daniel Kraus, a book about a boy who discovers his father is a grave robber.

Surely my cup runneth over.

I'd love to hear your comments about anything you've been overblessed with lately.

2 comments:

Christine Marciniak said...

We've been overblessed with snow. But I'm not sure that falls into quite the same category! Enjoy the books!

B. A. Binns said...

Unfortunatly we are all overblessed with snow.