Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Return from ALA

Today's a big day for me. First, I've just escaped the warm, balmy land of San Diego, Ca following my book signing at the American Library Association (ALA) conference (where I met some really cool teen readers), and now I am back in the land of living cold, Chicago, where a storm is set to begin soon. What more could I ask for?

Second, I picked up dozens of new books there, trust librarians to get all the best stuff, so my reading and reviewing cup runneth over.  Some real gems are coming out this year, especially in the YA book realm.

Third, I met a great bunch of teen readers at the conference, including one I'd swear was a dead ringer for PULL's heroine, Yolanda Dare.  The conference was a major experience.

Members of Teens Read at the book signing for PULL


I finally had a person-to-person with PULL's Editor - Evelyn Fazio at the ALA
 Last, but absolutely not least, I am guest blogging today at http://kyliegriffinromance.blogspot.com/  I hope you'll stop by, learn a little more about me and PULL and leave a comment. One lucky commenter will receive a $10 border's gift card on Friday, so if you stop by include a way I can reach you.

P. S. I did not forget to report on my challenge, but this week has been a blur - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I did make it to the gym twice, and I spent a lot of time at the hotel hot tub trying to ease muscles sore from walking the exhibit floor at the ALA so that has to count for some exercise.  But with both Friday and Monday being airplane days, I did not get to do everything I wanted. But I'll be back on track this week, and that's a promise to myself.

No comments: